How to configure an Airtel sim card for internet browsingArticles
Home | Science and technology | ( 1 ) | Subscribe | Post a comment
If you are connected to the Airtel network, I guess you would agree that it is one of the best mobile phone service providers globally. Airtel is growing in size as well as quality and apart from just voice calls, you can gain more from using data services as well.
Now in order to use your Airtel sim to connect to the web, you will definitely need to have it configured for mobile browsing. Actually, the configuration for using your Airtel sim are done on your local device which is the phone and not on the sim. Most Airtel sims are by default allready capable of offering data services but you have to set up your phone first and then assign your sim to that phone. Here is what you need to do in order to be able to use your Airtel sim for mobile browsing:1. Check if you phone already has data signal showing such as gprs or 3g
2. Contact your customer service centre and request for OTA settings
3. You may also visit the local website of Airtel and get the original settings which you can manually configure for your deviceDoing the Manual configuration
- Plug in your modem or USB device containing the sim card and install it on your computer.
- Open up control panel on your computer and set up and internet connection
- You can name the connection Airtel Internet and include the username and password in the dial up options for eg. wap, if that is what your local Airtel uses
- Change the dial number to something like *99#With your modem connected and selected as the default for this connection, you should be able to browse the web by just clicking on connect
Re: How to configure an Airtel sim card for internet browsing Reply by Stanley on Sunday December 23, 2012 at 10:6:28: Send me the airtel configuration
Post a Comment Required fields are Name, Subject and Message.
- Felix Okoli in In the news: How Nigerian policemen were overpowered with Juju - Friday May 17, 2013 16:41:0
- Emmanuel Ezeagwu in Science and technology: The Relevance of Science and Technical Education in the Quest for National Devel - Thursday May 9, 2013 21:17:11
- Ogunjimi James Taiwo in People: The generation that counts - Thursday September 13, 2012 13:33:13
- Felix Okoli in Business: How South African investors are taking over Nigeria - Monday August 20, 2012 9:53:28
- Samuel Oladugba in Education: University of Abuja in Crisis - Saturday July 21, 2012 13:30:14
- Felix Okoli in Shopping: How to get a USA shopping address from Nigeria - Wednesday July 25, 2012 16:6:9
- Felix Okoli in Anything: How to check MTN Nigeria airtime balance - Tuesday June 12, 2012 22:25:44
- Olufemi Okin Esq in Politics: The Burning North - Monday April 30, 2012 18:20:51
- Eddie Adoga in Life and society: Cruel policy - Thursday March 1, 2012 21:47:47
- adetutu(caleb university) in Internet: Benefits of the internet use - Monday January 30, 2012 22:37:59
- Oketunbi Oyindamola in In the news: Journalists In Aso Rock - Thursday January 12, 2012 1:25:53
- Felix Okoli in In the news: The Coming Fuel subsidy - Monday November 7, 2011 14:40:11