What is Almajiri school all about?Q - Nigerian Newspapers
Home | Society | ( 1 ) | Subscribe | Post an answer Asked by Steve on Friday April 13, 2012 12:57:48:
Re: What is Almajiri school all about Reply by Muhammad NaIya on Tuesday May 1, 2012 at 21:43:38: The Almajiri Shool is all about the lack of Government Presence in the lives of the Poor! All this white wash about helping the Almajiri is totally misdirected.
What and Why should a sane father send forth his child sometimes as young as four years old to become an "Almajiri Scholar"? It is simply an unbelievable level of poverty and near total lak of access to ANY shool, that is the only reason nothing else.
With this white elephant, the Party Contractors will have their contracts and payments and of course the poor will be even poorer because the funds have been swallowed by the contrats! If the Execuitve is sincere, they should build schools within trekking distance to the childrens homes instead of this dream and what a porly thought out dream it is.
Re: What is Almajiri school all about Reply by Fola on Friday May 11, 2012 at 11:57:2: Well I just think it is a tool to catch the Almajiris while they are young and before they get recruited by Boko haram. I just hope Boko haram don't go and bomb Almajiri schools too as they did to some primary schools.
Re: What is Almajiri school all about Reply by Femi on Tuesday June 5, 2012 at 6:56:32: Yes Fola that exactly is the problem, the Boko Haram are Nigerians that have been schooled many to tertiary level unlike the Almajiri. It is just a fantasy
Post your Answer Required fields are Name and Answer.
- Dave ilo in Anything: Why do Nigerians die young - Friday May 10, 2013 16:32:20
- Uche in Society: What happened in Nasarawa - Friday May 10, 2013 16:31:44
- David in Politics: Do northerners have more oil blocks than southerners - Friday March 8, 2013 12:9:18
- Fola in Anything: Does Boko haram deserve amnesty - Thursday March 7, 2013 17:0:26
- Edwin in Anything: What is a bribe - Monday February 18, 2013 9:58:50
- Geoffrey in Society: What is the most violent state in Nigeria - Saturday January 19, 2013 13:46:39
- Jide in Family: Should married women work in banks - Saturday December 22, 2012 9:17:10
- Eze in Anything: Does God forgive all types of sin - Friday December 21, 2012 8:55:4
- Steven in Society: What are the poorest states in Nigeria - Saturday December 15, 2012 12:10:38
- Uche in Society: Who is the richest woman in Nigeria - Saturday December 15, 2012 11:44:33
- Emma in Family: My wife locked the toilet door and I broke it - Saturday December 15, 2012 11:2:4
- Ezinwa in Business: What can one naira buy today - Wednesday December 5, 2012 10:24:14